The Town of Merino is seeking an individual for a Maintenace II Position.
This person is responsible for the water and wastewater systems for the town, and will be responsible for park, vehicle, and street maintenance. This is a PART-TIME position. Starting pay is $9/hr.
This individual must:
- Have a valid driver's license
- Have knowledge of backhoe/tractor work
- Have basic plumbing knowledge
- Have basic mechanical knowledge (oil changes, basic motor repairs, ect.)
- Possess basic math skills and the ability to read and decipher charts and graphs
- Have basic computer knowledge
- Pass background checks
- Pass random drug testing
- Be able to pass heavy lifting and physical screening
- Be available in emergency situations
- MUST have good people skills
- Have the ability to take initiative to see what work needs to be done and prioritize jobs
- Be able to work well with the Town Clerk and Treasurer and answer to the Town Board.
For applications please come by Merino Town Hall or call 970-522-1036 or 970-520-1871. Applications are due back to the Merino Town Hall by September 3.